Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Autumn...

Long time no see, my daring friends, summer has been very busy for me, and when I look up, fall has sneaked in!!! It took me a while, but I finally finished the applique of my Hawaiian quilt~~ It has been a struggle, I had to take apart some portions of it cause I just didn't like how it looks, still not 100% satisfied with it, but I am going to set it aside for now, and come back to it with a fresh eye later.



And then there is my crazy quilt sewing machine cover. I am working on hand quilting it right now. It is quite a challenge to hand quilt through so many layers, but with the help of a pair of trusty pliers, it is coming along just fine. 


Some other things I did during summer, a little gardening fun~ While I was eating dragon fruit one day, I looked at those millions of little seeds and just thought it might be fun to germinate them so I did, and to my amazement, they really did germinate!!! Their little leaves are so fresh and cute, and with time they start showing their cactus characters~ 


And then I thought, a little bit dressing up is needed!!! So a few leftover fabrics and cute mushrooms later, this is what I ended up with~~ Aren't they just adorable?! I will have to make more of these, they make perfect gifts, won't you say?


Speaking of fall weathers, in sub-tropical Taiwan, it means it's time for blooms again!! Because our summer is too hot for flowers to survive, winter is the best time for them to thrive. Now that the weather is cooling down again, I filled my balcony with lavenders and daisy. It is such a joy to see them greeting me every morning, while I enjoy my breakfast on the balcony~~


So that is my story lately. What have you been busying? By the way, if you haven't already noticed, Nancy over at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe has been hosting some awesome giveaways, be sure to join the fun if you haven't already!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a pretty post! Glad to check in with you Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting, Theresa! I am so curious about your germinating of dragonfruit. I love dragonfruit! We call it pitaya. I wonder if it would be possible to grow here but I think it is too cold. Love your balcony flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa