Sunday, November 23, 2008

Needlebook Finish!!!!!

It has been a while since I have a finish!!! I have to admit I didn't have whole lot of time to stitch since I am starting to pack and was busy sorting through things that I want to take with me. I don't mind moving, but I hate packing...... My house is a mess now and I have to try to bring it back to normal a little bit because my parents in law are coming in 2 weeks.

My December schedule is like crazy: PIL coming, going on a trip with them for 2 weeks, come back from the trip and finish packing in 3 days, and drive to California for a fresh start. Not to mention I haven't found anyone to take over our current apartment yet, nor finding a place to stay once arriving in CA.... Yea, I'm TOTALLY stressed out!!!!!

Luckily, I have stitching to calm me down when I was freaking out. I did manage to finish a needlebook for the Monthly Finishing Challenge. It wasn't easy, though, cause I kind of mess up. I used 2 strands of floss over one thread, and it made the stitches go scrunched.... It was kind of hard to push the needle through as well, but when I realized this mistake, I was in too deep to back out. I should have used one over one, which is what I did when I stitched the back side of the needlebook. I was not 100% satisfy with the end result, but when I complained about it to my DH, he told me he can't see what's wrong with it, and said he would take it if I don't like it. That was so sweet of him~~ Anyway, I've learned something from this experience, and all in all I think it turned out alright.

IMG_4143IMG_4138

Pattern: Ancsanaplo "Four Seasons Acorn freebie"
Thread: DMC cotton floss
Fabric: 28ct antique white evenweave fabric
Size: 2" x 2"
Completion Date: 11-19-2008
Finishing Date: 11-22-2008

This design is a freebie from from Ancsanaplo's blog, she has so many wonderful freebie designs on her blog!!! This design is actually a part of a four seasons design, I love all four of them!!! I think I will try to stitch all of them in the future~ This is also my first time trying to make a needlebook. It is not as hard as I thought it would be, and is actually quite fun!! Here is a tutorial I found that was very helpful~

IMG_4149IMG_4155

Thank you for all the nice comments on my work~ I'm still learning, and hope I can do a bit better each and every time!

7 comments:

  1. Theresa, great finish! I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think you did a wonderful job.

    ~happy stitching~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job! Congrats on your finish:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is a great needlebook especially for a first attempt. I still have to try my hand at it. I think it's funny that you live in TX (I have family there) and that you're moving to CA (my home state). Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa