Friday, August 29, 2008

The Finial Stretch

My hubby Sam just passed his doctoral defense and now I can call him Dr. Sam~~ I'm so proud of him!! Getting a doctoral degree is really not an easy task, and I always admired him for all the hard work he put in his work and his dedication to his research. To cheer him up on the final week of his preparation, I made this little tag especially for him. I used one over one on this design, and I love how it turned out~

IMG_2891IMG_2899

I actually stitched this tag while I was watching the Olympic games, and I was obsessed with it. Of course I watched swimming, and I LOVE Michael Phelps!!!! (Sorry Sam, but he has GREAT abs!!!!) Beside all the games aired on TV, I also watched some games on the web to keep track on the games Taiwan played in. Sam really thought I was crazy.....

IMG_2882

I must say cross stitching really is therapeutic. I was very upset when Taiwan lost an important baseball game, to the point that I couldn't sleep that night. I picked up my needle and thread and start stitching. After a while I felt calm and peaceful, and the lost didn't seem to bother me anymore. What wonder a little stitching can do!!!

IMG_2887

Pattern: Reconfigured by PHT
Thread: DMC cotton floss
Fabric: 28ct antique white evenweave fabric by Charles Craft
Size: 1.5" x 1.5"
Completion Date: 08-21-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa