Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Garden Pleasures

When I first saw this design on Little House Needleworks website, I knew I had to get it because this is totally me!!!!! Even Sam thought it was cute~~ I did mad a mistake on it but I was too far in to fix it, so I just left it as is since one can hardly tell anyway.

IMG_2675IMG_2663 

Pattern: Little House Needleworks "Garden Pleasures"
Thread: DMC cotton floss
Fabric: 28ct antique white evenweave fabric by Charles Craft
Size: 5.5" x 6"
Completion Date: 08-01-2008

I haven't decided what kind of finish I'm using on it yet, I wanted to turn it into a bag so I can go shopping with it, but Sam disagreed because he was afraid that I will ruin it by carrying it out everyday.....

When I was surfing around the net trying to find finish inspirations for this design, I came across Deb's blog and saw her gorgeous finishes!! I'm especially inspired by her floss ring design and decided to try making one. I changed out the floss ring to a ball chain so it can be used as an accessory on bags.

IMG_2757IMG_2756

Pattern: Revised from Little House Needleworks "Garden Pleasures" Bookmark
Thread: DMC cotton floss
Fabric: 28ct antique white evenweave fabric by Charles Craft
Size: 3" x 1"
Completion Date: 08-07-2008

My friend Shih-Yun was going to fly all the way from Taiwan to Austin that weekend for business so I decided to make this one especially for her. We were friends from high school and since I'm in Texas and she's in Taiwan, it was not easy for us to get together very often. We just talked and talked that afternoon and I was so glad that we got to meet while she was in town.

high school

Shih-Yun also brought me a couple needlework books from Taiwan. They are so great!!! I can't wait to try out some of the designs from these books!!

IMG_2864 copyIMG_2868 copyIMG_2871 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa