Thursday, July 23, 2009

Stitching and Quilting~

I’ve finished stitching Two Shall Be As One a couple days ago, and to not totally spoil the surprise, here is a sneak peak of the finished piece~

IMG_9894IMG_9892

Pattern: Lizzie Kate “Two Shall Be As One”
Thread: DMC cotton floss
Fabric: 32ct Belfast linen in color “Flay”
Size: 9.5" x 5.5"
Beginning Date: 06-24-2009
Completion Date: 07-29-2009

Instead of using the charms it called for in the chart, I used a heart shape button between the names. I think the whole thing turned out nicely!! I also like the little flowers a lot!! I think those colors are just perfect!! All I need to do now is finding a perfect frame for it and then sending it off to the love birds~

I’ve also worked on a quilt that I’ve started like a year ago!!!!! It has been sitting in the bottom of my chest for quite a while, and thanks for Phoebe, it finally is seeing some light again~ Phoebe has been teaching me how to hand quilt it. Although my stitches are not perfect, I’m starting to get the hang of it!!! I’ve only quilted four blocks so far, and I’m sure it will take me many more month to finish it, but at least I’m making some progress on this.

IMG_9900

Now that I’ve learned how to hand quilt, I truly felt every quilt is such a treasure!!! You have to devote so much time onto it, and it takes a lot to finish a piece. Just take a look at Phoebe’s Baltimore Bunnies she finished the other day!! It is truly amazing!!!!

Well, that’s all for now. I’m be taking a vacation next week so I’ll be disappearing for a while. Now let’s see which new project should I take with me on the trip……

Have a great weekend, everyone~~

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish for the lovebirds! I can't wait to see it framed! That's awesome that you are back into quilting. I am sure that after spending so much time on one, each piece is a treasure.

    Have a great vacation! Hope you are going somewhere fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute stitching piece and gorgeous quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just stunning quilt! Very beautiful combination of fabrics and colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sneak peek is cute! :)
    And your quilt is gorgeous ;)
    I hope you travel safe and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondeful quilt! well done and hand quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finish! And that quilt--wow!! It will be gorgeous with the hand quilting! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing your gift! Can't wait to see the whole thing:)

    Your quilt is soooo beautiful!! Love the design and colors! Beautiful progress Theresa!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both pieces are lovely. I like the colours you used on your quilt. I like piecing together but the quilting part is my down fall, hence, very little in the way of finishing quilts!

    Have a lovely vacation, Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made it! I made it! (sorry I've been having trouble getting into Theresa's blog.) Maybe the problem is fixed...keeping my fingers crossed!

    The wedding sampler turned out so darling! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi theresa! the quilt is just beautiful and the cross stitch piece, too. you are one talented lady! have a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching...I'm sure the happy couple will love their gift!

    And your quilt top is gorgeous! The fabrics and colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous, Theresa. I want to learn to quilt like you. Great job on yours and the gift you stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely peice I can't wait to see the whole thing.

    Adore your patchwork...it is on my to do list...with many other things

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa