Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Robin of Spring

Thank you all for your kind comments on the Heart and Hand piece~ You all are my driving force to keep going!!!

To answer Denise's questions, we have finally settled down in our new place, and I'm loving it more and more (despite of the expensive rent, of course...)~ I've visited San Diego a couple times before and had a good very impression. Now that I actually am living here, it proved that my first impressions are quite correct~ The weather is just perfect almost everyday, the people are really friendly, and there are just so many places to go to. What I love the most, though, is that there are quite a few needlework shops in the San Diego area!!! I've checked them up online and had planned to visit each and everyone of them very soon!!!!

While I was digging through my stashes trying to figure out which project I feel like to do next, I realized I'm running out of fabric and threads!!! So before I can kit the bigger projects up, I decided to stitch this cute little design from Elizabeth's Designs~ I know I'm weeks ahead of myself but maybe it's the warm weather here in San Diego made me felt like spring has already arrived~

Feb 080

Pattern: Elizabeth's Designs "First Robin of Spring"
Thread: DMC cotton floss
Fabric: 28ct antique white evenweave fabric
Size: 2.75" x 2.5"
Completion Date: 02-02-2009

Isn't this little robin just adorable? And I just love how the leaves turned out!!

Feb 082 

I haven't decided how to finish it yet, recently I'm in the all stitch mood and just want to keep going!! So this one will go to the to be finished pile and I'll finish it up in a later date~ Until then, happy stitching~~

12 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa. Your Robin is beautiful! I stitched this design for my mother last year but I accidentally left of the "i" in spring. I didn't realize it until after I finished it into an ornament so I gave it to her anyway and didn't tell her about the mistake. It took her several weeks to notice!

    Thanks for posting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute :) Robins are my favorite bird...and as soon as it warms a bit, they'll start showing up here in Indiana...of course they can't come here yet....it's only 2 degrees outside this a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Theresa, it's so nice bird! Very beautiful stitches and lovely colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this piece!! Just beautiful:) Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Robin Theresa! I love the strong colours used and the stitches for the leaves.
    Looking forward to read updates for your shopping spree around your new place. Happy exploring~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, sweet, sweet! I love this little design. Your stitching is lovely. Congratulations on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This had got to be one of the sweetest things I have seen in a very long time. Please email me though. Lots of Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The robin is so sweet. I can't wait til spring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little robis is so sweet and adorable! Great job on the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa