Friday, September 19, 2008

Sisters Forever~

Finally, a finish..... I was really surprised that this took me so long to stitch, or maybe I'm just a VERY slow stitcher...... I always admire those who can stitch so fast and so good. I hope I can be like that someday~

My elder sister's birthday is coming up, so I decided to make her this bag for her birthday. Originally I was going to make the bag myself too, but it took me longer then expected to finish the stitching, plus I found these canvas bags on sale in Hobby Lobby, so for $2 a pop I decided to use this bag instead. I think this will be a nice size for her books or knitting stuff~

IMG_3042IMG_3052

Pattern: Heart in Hand "Wee Sister"
Thread: DMC cotton floss
Fabric: 28ct antique white evenweave fabric by Charles Craft Size: 4.75" x 2.625"
Completion Date: 09-18-2008

The bag is a bit wrinkly after I washed it.... I tried my best to flatten it out but this is the best that I could do..... Does anyone know any tricks to flatten a canvas bag?

I'm still a beginner in using a sewing machine, so I had A LOT of trouble when I was sewing the piece onto the bag. I even almost broke my machine.... But the finish product turned out better then I've expected, so I'm happy about it. I hope my sister will like it, too~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa