Friday, January 1, 2016

Glass Jar Sewing Kit

Happy new year!!!!! Hope you all are enjoying your holiday!! We had a little Christmas gift exchange in our sewing class a couple days ago. Since it was kind of a last minute thing, it had to be something simple for me to finish on time. When I was searching online for ideas, those beautiful mason jar sewing kits caught my eye. I thought to myself, this I could manage!! So here is the final product~ 

Pattern: Kazuko Aoki Wildflower Garden - Christmas Rose
Thread: DMC Cotton Thread
Fabric: 32ct Belfest Linen in color Flax
Stitched Size: 3” x 3”
Completion Date: 12-22-2015


The pattern I chose for the pin cushion cap was a Hellebore flower, which is also commonly known as Christmas Rose,  perfect for this occasion won't you say? 


Despite it's common name, Hellebores are not closely related to the rose family at all. The flowers have five "petals", which are actually sepals, surrounding a ring of small, cup like nectaries, which are actually the petals modified to hold nectar. This is how it looks like in real life. It is such a beautiful plant~



After finishing the pin cushion part, all I have to do is fill the jar with threads and buttons and all kinds of goodies~ This sewing kit would be perfect for anyone who like to work with needles!  I think I need one of this myself~~


Wishing you all a wonderful 2016!!! 

7 comments:

  1. very prettyand creative. you didan awesome job. happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy!!! Happy new year to you, too!!!

      Delete
  2. Hello Theresa,

    That is such a lovely gift to make. All the best for 2016.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa