Monday, May 17, 2010

New Discoveries~

It’s time for an update on my Mary Wigham Sampler again!! I’ve finally moved into the second page of this sampler.  I’m actually quite surprised at how much I have done on this page already since I did not think I put in a lot of time on this.

IMG_6312 copy

I discovered I really like the black motif, the black on white just jumps off the page!! It’s almost like black lace~ I should try making something just with black next time!!

IMG_6314 copy

DH and I had been embracing the spring weather and visited a fairy land called Summers Past Farm last week. It’s a small farm that kindly offers their beautiful property for people to enjoy for free, with a coffee stand and handmade soap shop within.

IMG_6210IMG_6212

We enjoyed a great afternoon sitting in the courtyard drinking coffee and tea, enjoying what nature brings. This is our first time here, and actually stumbled across this place by accident. But what a great discovery it was!!

  IMG_6219 IMG_6220IMG_6218 IMG_6234

And of course we had to bring some wonderful stuff home with us!!!

IMG_6281

So how was your weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Love your MW. I really need to dig mine out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that place looks rather inviting!

    Your Mary Wigham is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, your progress is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sampler is really looking good. The colors are just so vibrant.

    What a fun place that farm appears to be. And you get to take home such great goodies! You took some really nice photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nature photography is just beautiful, Theresa--as is your progress on your Mary Whigham!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great weekend! Love the MW progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures Theresa. What a lovely place you discovered; thank you for sharing.
    As for my coming weekend, weather forecasts are great : sun, sun and sun. So, I guess we will have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've discovered your blog and is fantastic! congratulations and regards from Spain!

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa