Monday, August 25, 2008

Texas Bluebonnet

When I first moved to Texas almost 3 years ago, I was amazed by its spring wildflowers. I fell in love with its State Flower - Bluebonnet, and with its bluish purple color.

BluebonnetBluebonnet with Bee

My very first experience with cross stitch was dated all the way back in high school when we were making a mother's day gift in home economics class. Twenty some years later, I came across this beautiful kit at George Bush Library, and couldn't resist but bought one home.

After letting it lay on the shelf for another 3 weeks, I finally picked it up and start stitching. This first project turned out to be so beautiful it motivated me to want to do more!! Ever since then I seemed to be addicted to cross stitch and can't stop from stitching!!

IMG_1299

Pattern: The Posy Collection "Texas Bluebonnet"
Thread: DMC cotton floss
Fabric: 14ct aida fabric by Charles Craft
Size: 4" x 7"
Completion Date: 04-13-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa