Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Hanging in There!!

Hello my crafty friends, I hope everyone is doing well in these difficult times. This pandemic all over the world has really affected our daily lives, and I truly hope it will be over soon. Although this coronavirus has just been hitting hard in Europe and America, we have been facing it since late January in Asia. Being so close to China, we have been prepared and fighting to keep this disease from spreading in Taiwan. I have to say our government is doing a pretty good job. We have kept a very low rate of infected people in Taiwan for almost two months. Even now with the numbers growing more rapidly because of the worldwide spread, almost 80% of the cases are travelers who are coming back home. We still go about our daily lives, just with more cautious. Seeing all the chaos in the world, I am really grateful I am in Taiwan right now. Very proud of our country!!!!


Because of the disease, masks are very precious right now. Thanks for the quick response of our government, we are still able to get 3 surgical masks every week. To protect myself and others, many people like me use masks when in public transportation and confide small spaces (like the elevator). So to extend the use life of the mask, face mask cloth pockets become very popular here. Just wash the cloth pockets everyday and you can reuse the surgical mask 2 to 3 times. Plus, these colorful cloth pockets looks way prettier and happier than the surgical masks, won't you say?!

These are cloth pockets that you can put your surgical mask in so you can reuse the mask for several times.

I also tried a 3D mask pattern. 

I just saw this face mask tutorial from the Fat Quarter Shop website. They look darn cute!!! There are all kinds of mask patterns out there right now, some you can put filters in, just Google it!! Now is the time to put are crafty hands in good use!!! 

We are all in this together!!! Stay safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. I appreciate them all~
Happy stitching~~

Theresa